The impact of leadership-level gifts and investments extend far beyond campus borders to the churches, communities, and countries where Principians live and work after they finish school. In short, Howard and Legacy Society gifts make a difference around the world!
1898 Legacy Society
By becoming a member of the 1898 Legacy Society, you help ensure Principia's future. The only qualification for membership is that you include Principia as a beneficiary of any of the following planned gift arrangements:
- Bequest in a will or trust
- Charitable gift annuity, charitable trust, or pooled income fund
- Retirement account, such as an IRA or 401k plan
- Annuity, insurance policy, or bank account
Membership involves no dues or obligations, and any specific estate information you share with us is treated confidentially. We are also happy to honor requests to remain anonymous.
Benefits of Membership
- Invitations to 1898 Legacy Society member events
- Briefings from senior administrative officers
- Planned giving and investment updates
- A specially designed pin with the 1898 Legacy Society logo
If you would like to contact someone about the 1898 Legacy Society, confirm that you qualify for membership, or get information about any kind of estate or planned gift, please contact Ned McCarty, director of Planned Giving, at 314.514.3114 or email@example.com.
Named after two of Principia's earliest benefactors—Clarence and Minnie Morey Howard—the Howard Society honors those whose annual giving totals $1,000 or more. The Howards' steadfast and generous contributions provided critical support during Principia's fledgling years and later enabled the school to expand.
The Howards also hoped their contributions would inspire others to make leadership gifts. By giving at the Howard Society level, you fulfill that hope and extend their legacy of leadership giving. Contributions directly benefit students by meeting both current and long-range financial needs.
Howard Society Recognition
- Alumni and friends whose annual giving (July 1–June 30) totals $1,000 or more are welcomed into the Howard Society.
- Donors remain in the society each year their annual giving totals $1,000 or more. Couples may qualify through their combined total giving. In addition, corporate matching gifts fully apply.
- There are three giving levels—Howard Society: $1,000–$4,999; Fellowship Circle: $5,000–$9,999; Founders' Circle: $10,000 or more.
Gifts to the Howard Society may be directed to any unrestricted or restricted purpose, including the Annual Fund, student aid, capital improvements, endowment, or program and department support. These gifts are an opportunity to be involved in an association of leadership donors.
Along with the satisfaction of belonging to a community of alumni and friends devoted to sharing Principia's tradition of excellence with generations to come, Howard Society donors receive the following benefits:
- Advance notice and special invitations to selected Principia events
- Private receptions with administrators and outstanding faculty and students
- Invitations to on-campus gatherings during Summer Session and School and College reunions
These events help donors stay informed about progress at Principia and to learn firsthand of the impact of their leadership-level giving.
If you would like to speak with someone about the Howard Society, please contact Donna Gibbs at 314.314.3101 or HowardSociety@principia.edu.